Box Office Hours
In the off-season (until May 24, 2019), box office hours are:
9:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The box office is located in the Music Theatre Wichita administrative office on the second floor of Century II.
During the season, the box office is located on the main floor of Century II, and the hours are:
During dark weeks:
10:00am-6:00pm, Monday through Friday
During show weeks (the weeks of June 12, June 26, July 10, July 24, and August 7), box office hours are:
Terms and Conditions
- Performance tickets are a revocable license that may be retracted and admission refused upon refunding the printed price thereon. Postage/handling/telephone charge is non-refundable.
- The facility reserves the right to refuse admission or eject any person violating facility rules, local, state or federal law, or whose conduct is deemed illegal or offensive by management.
- Century II is a smoke-free facility. Smoking inside the building is strictly prohibited.
- Ticket stubs must be shown for re-entry into the facility.
- In consideration of our patrons and performers, the length of the performances, and the subject matter of certain productions, babies and toddlers (4 and under) will not be allowed at any Music Theatre Wichita event.
- Out of respect for the performers and fellow patrons, please refrain from using cameras, tape recorders, mobile phones, electronic devices, and pagers during a performance. Failure to comply may result in removal from the concert hall without refund.
- Curtain times are prompt. As a courtesy to our audience and performers, late arrivals will be seated by a volunteer usher at appropriate times as designated by the management of the theatre.
- MTWichita offers ticket discounts to groups purchasing 20 or more season/single tickets at one time. Discounts are also available for senior citizens (65 plus), and full-time students. In addition, tickets remaining in the mid orchestra, rear orchestra, and balcony sections will be sold at the Box Office for half price two hours before curtain (on the day of a performance only). Those entitled to a discount must inquire prior to purchasing a ticket - refunds will not be given.
- If unused ticket(s) are received prior to the performance time indicated on your tickets, MTWichita can provide you with a tax-deductible contribution receipt for the price you paid for your ticket(s).This receipt is deductible to the extent of the law and your individual status with the IRS.
- The Board of Directors and Staff of Music Theatre Wichita, along with building management, its agents and participants, assume no liability for any injury sustained by a ticket holder while in attendance at this event.
- If this ticket qualifies for a refund when an event is cancelled, the staff and management will set refund policy and the deadlines for receiving such refund.
- No exception will be made to the above policies.
Food & Beverages
Century II policy is to allow refreshments purchased onsite into the Concert Hall. Outside food and drink is not permitted. Music Theatre Wichita requests that all patrons remain sensitive to performers and other audience members – packages should be opened prior to the start of the show, for example.
Accessible parking is available on both the east and west sides of Century II. It is recommended that patrons requiring disabled parking spots arrive early for performances.
Wheelchair seating is available in a variety of theatre sections and price scales. Please inform box office staff of a need when ordering tickets.
For our hearing impaired patrons, the Concert Hall is equipped with an infrared listening system. Century II recently purchased new hearing devices for our patrons who use them, and these lightweight devices have received great response from users during other events at Century II. Patrons may check the hearing devices out in the main lobby of Concert Hall, free of charge, but a picture I.D. must be left when checking them out. Some patrons choose to bring a set of headphones or ear buds from home; others use the provided equipment.
Sign Language Interpretation (ASL) is always provided for Saturday matinee performances. If a patron requires signing at a different performance, reservations and request for signing should be made at least two weeks in advance of the show.