The Music Theatre Wichita Guild is a membership group of dedicated volunteers that has supported MTWichita since the organization began. Membership dues are $20 annually. Volunteers to work behind the scenes supporting MTWichita through the following opportunities:
- Auditions: Serving as greeters and proctors for local auditions
- Costume Shop: Assisting with a variety of basic sewing for summer productions
- Encore Table: Providing snacks and maintaining the table in the rehearsal hall for the cast and crew during rehearsal and show weeks
- Office: Helping the office staff with various projects several times per year, including stuffing envelopes for large mailings
- Public Relations: Distribution of promotional posters for MTWichita prior to opening the season
- Questionnaire Tallying: Tallying the patron questionnaires filled out in July
- Sunday Night Cast Suppers: Serving suppers to approximately 150-180 cast members, orchestra, teen choir and other staff on the final Sunday of each production
The Guild has a spring luncheon to kick off the year and a fall luncheon to celebrate the end of another wonderful season of MTWichita productions. New members are welcome to join at any time during the year.
Music Theatre Wichita uses many seasonal volunteers who are willing to give time, energy, and enthusiasm as ushers or ticket takers. From the time the doors open until the last patron leaves the Concert Hall, volunteer help is needed. Interested individuals contact Cathy Duncan, House Manager, at 316.265.3253, ext. 273.
The handbook for MTWichita ushers is available here: MTWichita Usher Handbook.
Volunteers are also needed throughout the fall and spring to serve as judges for our Jester Program. Click here for more information about our Jesters program and becoming a Jester judge.